Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Mt. Rainier Institute of Photography

Mt. Rainier’s greatness inspires greatness in us.  Ten years ago I came to Mt. Rainier to become a climbing guide.  Somehow as a young adult I knew that Mt. Rainier would teach me many lessons and take me further than I could imagine.  Climbing Mt. Rainier led to travels around the world, and ultimately to the desire to articulate the “sense of place” that I encountered on the world’s great mountains.  Photography became my vehicle to show the folks back home what I had seen.  What’s interesting to me is that this path didn’t lead to the places that I thought it would.  It led me on a journey of self discovery, personal growth, and creativity.

Today, my goal for the institute is to foster personal growth in concert with  nature’s grandeur through creativity.  The workshops that we offer take advantage of my knowledge of the mountain from it’s icy top to it’s lush and ancient bottom.  They incorporate a nice blend of shooting time in the field and of classroom and lab instruction.  All of this is packaged together in a fun, inspiring, memorable, and educational workshop.  I look forward to spending time with you on Mt. Rainier during the summer of 2009!                                                                                                ~Adam Angel


Please visit www.MtRainierPhoto.com for more information.